"Take no more than 15 minutes to produce a list of 15 books that have influenced you in style, ideas, relationships, language, or other ways that you find important, and/or books that have really stayed with you -- you keep thinking of that quote, you are always remembering that character, you are frequently reminded of that moment.... that kind of thing. This is not a favorites list."
I don't read many books, and almost no classics, so most of you won't have read or even heard about these, but they're the ones that frame my life and I commend them to you:
1) A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh book "Now We Are Six"
2) Jane's Blanket by Arthur Miller
3) The Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter
4) Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine
5) The Fur Person by May Sarton
6) Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
7) My Sergei: A Love Story by Ekaterina Gordeeva and E.M. Swift
8) Deadly Force by Lawrence O'Donnell Jr
9) A Matter of Choice by Nora Roberts (Silhouette Intimate Moments #49)
10) One Summer by Karen Robards
11) Blood Price by Tanya Huff (Vol 1 of the Blood Ties series)
12) Vampire Science by Jonathan Blum and Kate Orman (Doctor Who series)
13) The Young Victoria by Alison Plowden
14) Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey
15) Possession, A Romance by A.S. Byatt
2) Post this meme with your answers.
3) Provide pictures and the names of the 3 people I gave you.
4) Label which you would shag, which you would marry, and which you would throw off a cliff.
Names provided by lillibet
1. Denzel Washington
2. Daniel Day Lewis
3. Richard Gere
I do love an excuse to scroll through lots of photos of handsome men!
( Read more... )
I didn't think I'd find much, due to the odd spelling of my first name. Luckily, none of them are about me!
expected by many to win a medal in the Women’s 15km Cross Country, fell a bit short and finished 6th.
and I were not able to attend as many functions as we would have liked.
had a hard time with the winters in Wisconsin, due to her physical challenges
takes a shotgun blast to the belly
wasn't around, but she's skeptical she'd be swayed back to Cingular no matter what he says
awoke as bright as a button
can’t be with us at this meeting as she has better things to look after at the moment and that is the new baby born two weeks ago.
died in 2008 (about a dog)
passed away on 1st February 2006 at 10.30am. She went very peacefully and she was contented.
|Which Goddess lurks in your soul?|
It is obvious that leadership is your strong suit! Hera was Queen of all the Greek Gods and the daughter of a Titan. This is no small boast! Hera is selective on who she inhabits and rightfully so. Only those of majestic grace and keen intellects are considered and she will leave in a heartbeat if her host is ungracious or in anyway corrupted by a powerful position. Like Hera, you are a true born leader of the people. Many have come to you over the years seeking guidance and patient understanding to their plights and pains. Your advice is usually rooted in the experiences of your own life and given with great care and caution. Continue on this path and Hera will make you a Queen worthy of remembrance!
Quizzes and Personality Tests